BOB LARKIN THE ILLUSTRATED MAN

BOB LARKIN THE ILLUSTRATED MAN
Mr. Larkin is an American Illustrating Legend
This is the ....
Bob Larkin Omigod Gallery

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Bob Larkin - Visions of Bronze





Terry Allen had created an idea for a series of pencils drawings that Bob did called Visions of Bronze. The idea was to pair up Doc Savage with other favorite characters. These characters ran the gamut from the 50 ft.Woman all the way to Santa Claus. I talked with Bob one day and he said he was really running out of character ideas. I suggested that he do one or two with Raquel Welch, especially from One Million Years BC. He was entirely agreeable to that!


I sent him several photographs, and one day this magnificent drawing came in the mail for me. What a lucky person I am! This more than proudly hangs in my room.


Courtney Rogers



4 comments:

-> Ray said...

I have his "Vision" of Doc with Domino Lady on my wall.

Courtney Rogers said...

Can you email a picture of that? It would be great to post it, and I would very much like to see it. A Larkin Domino Lady sounds superb!

-> Ray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Courtney Rogers said...

Hi Ray-

Would you please email the scan(s) to me at cmr007@netzero.net

Thank you very much!

Courtney Rogers