BOB LARKIN THE ILLUSTRATED MAN

BOB LARKIN THE ILLUSTRATED MAN
Mr. Larkin is an American Illustrating Legend
This is the ....
Bob Larkin Omigod Gallery

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Bob Larkin: Conan Cat Cover



In Bob's own words:


"This is the first cat that fell in love with me at Bob's studio. Bob's only cat 
then. He would follow me everywhere in the studio. Then I asked him to pose. This big cat 
would hold a pose with no problem. I was amazed! He posed for me a number of times. As 
soon as I walked into Bob's studio he would jump on my lap and purr & ignore everyone 
else, shooting that day. This cat was my buddy. When he passed away of old age, Bob O. 
never got another cat. I missed him. I wish I could find pics of him posing? He was a 
good boy!"

The cat's name was Jethro. The "Bob" mentioned is Bob Osonovitch, who owned the photo studio where many artists went to get their reference photos done.

1 comment:

Courtney Rogers said...

This is Savage Sword of Conan #92 from September 1983.